Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation 7/21 Double Run  (Read 4136 times)

SwohS Emag

Temptation 7/21 Double Run
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:35:16 AM »
Yesterday's Temptation double run in Charlottesville, VA on station WVAW was quite strange.  There was no audio from the studio - that is, no Rossi, no contestants, but all the music cues, including buzzer cues and sound effects were present.  I suppose that means some music can be extracted cleanly from the episode; I recorded it.  As a reference, Yusef was in the champ's spot. Was it just on this station, or did anyone else notice?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »
Ahh..that's the reason for the good ratings in Hartford. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:35:38 PM »
[quote name=\'SwohS Emag\' post=\'191665\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 09:35 AM\']
Yesterday's Temptation double run in Charlottesville, VA on station WVAW was quite strange.  There was no audio from the studio - that is, no Rossi, no contestants, but all the music cues, including buzzer cues and sound effects were present.  I suppose that means some music can be extracted cleanly from the episode; I recorded it.  As a reference, Yusef was in the champ's spot. Was it just on this station, or did anyone else notice?
[/quote]

Sounds like the station recorded the feed with only one audio track active and all voices were on one track--was the sweetening heard?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'191675\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 09:35 AM\']
There was no audio from the studio - that is, no Rossi, no contestants, but all the music cues, including buzzer cues and sound effects were present.[/quote]
Sounds like the best episode EVAR.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »
Did this track include a big smooch whenever Rossi was bestowing lots of love?

SwohS Emag

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'191675\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 12:35 PM\']
[/quote]

Sounds like the station recorded the feed with only one audio track active and all voices were on one track--was the sweetening heard?
[/quote]

The sweetening was heard, yes.  What I had not known beforehand was that the exact same clap track was played after everything clap-worthy, the same laugh track, except for the final applause at the end of the main game.  Rossi's voice, the contestants' voices, and Yolanda's voice were not heard at all, even during the plugs for the at-home shopping.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'191682\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 01:35 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'191675\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 09:35 AM\']
There was no audio from the studio - that is, no Rossi, no contestants, but all the music cues, including buzzer cues and sound effects were present.[/quote]
Sounds like the best episode EVAR.
[/quote]
Would it be wrong to take that episode, and dub in the audio of a Jim Perry ep., and just pretend the show was tolerable?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 03:46:40 PM »
Obviously, someone forgot to get signed waivers from everyone that day.
@lambertman

DrJWJustice

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »
[/quote]

This might be wishful thinking on my part, but it sounds like the doctor's pulled the patient of life support, as it were, and is waiting for nature to take its course.

NickS

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 11:12:39 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'191675\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 11:35 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

My bet is one of two things happened, and I think it's the former:

The uplink (I want to say it would be Twentieth's analog) misfed it, and the station didn't catch a refeed or Twentieth didn't offer a refeed.

The station didn't have their audio frequencies set correctly (we're so used to 5.8L/6.2R and Twentieth is notorious for going 6.2L/6.8R) and got only one channel of audio that way.  But my curiosity is why send split tracks and not mixed?  You're usually only going to send split tracks for a promo or commercial... not a show.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »
[quote name=\'SwohS Emag\' post=\'191665\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 10:35 AM\']
There was no audio from the studio - that is, no Rossi, no contestants, but all the music cues, including buzzer cues and sound effects were present.  I suppose that means some music can be extracted cleanly from the episode; I recorded it.
[/quote]

I'd be very curious to hear this. Some '88 WOF episodes aired on GSN WITHOUT the sweetening, and it was strange to say the least.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

SwohS Emag

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 12:08:56 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'191785\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 11:30 PM\']
[quote name=\'SwohS Emag\' post=\'191665\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 10:35 AM\']
There was no audio from the studio - that is, no Rossi, no contestants, but all the music cues, including buzzer cues and sound effects were present.  I suppose that means some music can be extracted cleanly from the episode; I recorded it.
[/quote]

I'd be very curious to hear this. Some '88 WOF episodes aired on GSN WITHOUT the sweetening, and it was strange to say the least.

-Jason
[/quote]

I have it on VHS, but no good way to convert so that it can be uploaded.  Any suggestions?  It will be about a month before I have access to my University's digital media lab, at which point I will dig up this post.