Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's Griffin Tribute Schedule  (Read 35506 times)

mcsittel

GSN's Griffin Tribute Schedule
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'161141\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 02:31 PM\']
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'161128\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 02:33 PM\']
If only they could have been this creative with Jeopardy tomorrow rather than dragging out the Million Dollar Masters for the umpteenth time.
[/quote]
The way I read the press release, the marathon includes the $1,000,000 tournament but is not necessarily doing so to the exclusion of anything else. So tape will still roll at my hut.
And I join all of you in the kudos for GSN. Too bad it takes someone dying to get these things shown.
[/quote]

At worst you DVR and then dump it-but better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks GSN, and to those who posted earlier with the episode details.  Now to find 5 hours of time to dub the shows over to DVD!

Matt

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2007, 03:34:46 PM »
Until this marathon, had GSN ever shown even a single daytime or Woolery wheel?

Just makes one wonder exactly how much WoF they have converted...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLW

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2007, 03:41:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'161145\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 03:34 PM\'] Until this marathon, had GSN ever shown even a single daytime or Woolery wheel?

Just makes one wonder exactly how much WoF they have converted... [/quote]

I'm pretty sure no Woolery Wheel episodes have aired on GSN. However, maybe the episode where they look back and show clips of old Wheel has been aired? I'm not sure, I don't know how much of the show GSN has aired.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:41:31 PM by PYLW »

snowpeck

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'161141\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 03:31 PM\']
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'161128\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 02:33 PM\']
If only they could have been this creative with Jeopardy tomorrow rather than dragging out the Million Dollar Masters for the umpteenth time.
[/quote]
The way I read the press release, the marathon includes the $1,000,000 tournament but is not necessarily doing so to the exclusion of anything else. So tape will still roll at my hut.
And I join all of you in the kudos for GSN. Too bad it takes someone dying to get these things shown.
[/quote]

According to my contact at GSN, it will only be the 10 episodes of that tournament.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »
Until this marathon, had GSN ever shown even a single daytime or Woolery wheel?

Not a single daytime episode until today.

I'm willing to bet that this isn't a case of sitting on the prized tape for years on end; most likely they just acquired #368 relatively recently, similar to their past acquisitions ofJeopardy #2000 and Eye Guess which were soon followed by subsequent airings.

TV Guide aired a special on 'Wheel' which included clips from another episode that appeared to come from 1979 or 1980, so perhaps GSN has that one as well?

They've always been sitting on Woolery's Shopper's Bazaar pilot, however.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:32:12 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

chad1m

« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2007, 07:16:14 PM »
Thanks again to GSN. I knew I couldn't get up at 10, so I just set a 6-hour block of TiVo to record. I just finished it up and I am most throughly pleased with the turnout of the marathon. If only this could be the gateway to get daily airings of the show...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 07:16:45 PM by chad1m »

Timsterino

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2007, 07:23:55 PM »
Wow, that is as much as I can muster from the shock of seeing this marathon. It was a fantastic marathon to watch once I picked my jaw up from the floor watching that Woolery episode.

A worthy tribute to the late, great Merv Griffin to be sure!

Tim :-)

beatlefreak84

« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2007, 07:48:47 PM »
WOW...I am SO glad I asked someone to tape these for me!  I've wanted that April Fool's episode for a while, and those daytime episodes and early syndie episodes only sweeten the deal.

Thanks a million, GSN; I bet Merv is definitely smiling down on you right now...:)  (and I'm smiling at you!)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

johnnyd1788

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2007, 09:55:28 PM »
Dammit, I completely missed it! I doubt there will be any repeats, I assume...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2007, 11:45:36 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' post=\'161190\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 09:55 PM\']
Dammit, I completely missed it! I doubt there will be any repeats, I assume...[/quote]
I'm going to guess one or two people have it on tape.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

rebelwrest

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2007, 11:58:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'161201\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 11:45 PM\']
Dammit, I completely missed it! I doubt there will be any repeats, I assume...[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm guessing probably a lot more have it on tapes, TiVos, DVDs just to keep a record of it.  Oh yeah Johnny, if you want to trade for it, send me a message.

I'm waiting for two things at this point: bwood's friends reactions to the marathon (although it was a REALLY nice day around here) and the ratings for this.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

snowpeck

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2007, 02:07:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'161201\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 11:45 PM\']
[/quote]

I taped the whole thing in SP if anyone's interested.  Would have recorded to DVD but I don't have a working DVD recorder.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

davemackey

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2007, 06:36:16 AM »
GSN has pretty much swept WOF under the rug the past few years and it's a piece of their library that they don't exploit as often as they should. If they can figure out a way to do it where they're not running the same season over and over again, they should.

I hope you guys were paying attention to that '76 episode and listening to Charlie O'Donnell reading off the prizes - that is when he was at his best, IMHO. Great delivery, tone, everything you'd want in an announcer.

The Pyramids

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2007, 08:11:59 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'161219\' date=\'Aug 19 2007, 05:36 AM\']

I hope you guys were paying attention to that '76 episode and listening to Charlie O'Donnell reading off the prizes - that is when he was at his best, IMHO. Great delivery, tone, everything you'd want in an announcer.
[/quote]

Charlie's great but hearing Jack Clark again reminded me of why he is my favorite game show announcer.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2007, 12:25:45 PM »
I believe it is, although Pat doesn't make reference to it.

There's no reference because at that time (fall 1983) shows could still be "bicycled", meaning they could have run out-of-order in different markets.  Although in my area, they ran in the exact same order 2 weeks apart - WKBW actually started airing it in late August, and two weeks later WHEC picked it up and ran it in the exact same order starting from the first episode.

I believe it was the following fall where all stations started getting it via satellite, and running the same episode on the same day.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!